I Hope You Dance sung by Lee Ann Womack
After watching and listening to the song/video-Use the dictionary at www.alc.co.jp to answer the questions below:
1. I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
2. You get your fill to eat, but always keep that hunger
3. May you never take one single breath for granted
4. God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
5. I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
6. Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
7. Promise me that you'll give fate a fighting chance
8. and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
9. I hope you dance, I hope you dance
10. I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
11. Never settle for the path of least resistance
12. Living might mean taking chances, but they're worth taking
13. Loving might be a mistake but it's worth making
14. Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter>
15. When you come close to selling out, reconsider
16. Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
17. And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
18. I hope you dance (time is a wheel in constant motion always)
19. I hope you dance (rolling us along)
20. I hope you dance (tell me who wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
21. I hope you dance (where those years have gone)
22. I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean.
23 Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens.
24 . Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance.
25 . And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.
26 I hope you dance………
Choose which expression belongs in which sentence. Not all expressions are used.
Sense of wonder (1) empty handed (4) take a chance (12)
Fill to eat (2a) fighting chance (7) sell out (15)
Keep that/your hunger (2b) sit (it) out (8) heavens above (16a)
For granted (3) path of least resistance (11) passing glance (16b)
1. I knew they would need a lot of energy so I made sure my kids got their ____ before going out to play in the competition.
2. Although Ryudai’s American football team had never beaten he Ritsumeikan Panthers before, I felt that this year we really had a _______.
3. Although he was a very idealistic politician when he was young, in the end he _______ and became corrupt like the others.
4. Going to Disneyland with a young child is always fun because you can feel and see their _______.
5. Although my club captain said I could play in the next game, I decided to ________ because I did not feel I was good enough to help my team.
6. Although the horse Haru urara has never won a race, many fans think it is worth ________ on him.
7. The people who bet money on Haru urara almost always end up ________.
8. The fans of Haru urara _______ that he will lose.
9. In life you can choose the challenging but difficult road or the ___________.
10. Although Chosuke Ikariya could have retired after the “Hachiji Dayo” he always ________ for new challenges and later became a serious actor.