Making a Song Worksheet
Create two types of listening activity, a "Fill in the Blanks" and one other.
_FILL IN THE BLANKS. Make 4-5 blanks. If possible, the missing words should be a word that rhymes with a word in the same line or on the line before. See the example below. You might tell us how many letters there are in the missing word or you might give us the first letter of the word.
The other activity should be either: (Choose just two types of question)
_a) Write 3 sentences in standard English which mean the same as a line in the song. Don't use key words from the song.
_(b) Make 3 True/False questions based on the songfs meaning.
_ (c) Make 3 questions about vocabulary. Write down the 3 difficult words and then give us a choice of three meanings or definitions (a, b, c). Only one of them is correct.
_(e) Your idea
You Can Go Home
by Chris Hillman
1) I went back to my hometown (a) Christmas snow was on the g_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (a)
2) Saw the girl who used to be everything in the world to me
3)We went back to my old school (b), walked the halls, remembering the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (b)
4) Thought of friends who used to be, everything in the world to me
5) My family moved far away, we never did return (c)
6) That girl found someone else to love. Here's the one thing that I _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ed (c)
9) Saw the house where she used to live, saw the park where we first kissed
10) Saw the dream that used to be, everything in the world to me
11) Everything in the world to me (e), now just a faded m_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (e)
12) All these years I heard it calling me 6
Questions about the meaning of the song
Find a line which means
(a) The singer used to go to a park with his girlfriend.
(b)His old girlfriend still loves him.
Faded (11) means (a) losing color (b) a blue color (c) a style of jeans.