HOME > Personal DaataFumihiko SAITO
Areas of Expertise
- Development policy analysis and cooperation needs assessment
- Program and project preparation and negotiations for agreements
- Governance reform for attaining sustainable society
- 2002 June: Ryukoku University, Kyoto, Japan. Doctor of Philosophy in Economics. Expertise in development economics.
- 1986-1988: Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, the USA. M.A. in International Relations. Concentration in Third World social and economic development.
- 1984-1986: Amherst College, Amherst, Massachusetts, the USA. B.A. in American Studies, Phi Beta Kappa, Magna cum laude. Concentration on American foreign policy.
- 1980-1984: Doshisha University, Kyoto, Japan. B.A. in Law. Concentrated on international relations. Graduated 3rd in class of 900.
- 2014-2017: Dean, Graduate School of Intercultural
Studies, Ryukoku University, Kyoto, Japan
- 2000-2002: Research Associate, Makerere Institute of Social Research, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
- 2000-2001: Visiting Scholar, Department of Development Studies, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, London, the United Kingdom
- 2006-Present: Professor, Faculty of Intercultural Communication, Ryukoku University, Otsu, Japan
- 1996-2006: Associate Professor, Faculty of Intercultural Communication, Ryukoku University, Otsu, Japan
- 1993-1996: Researcher, International Development Center of Japan. Tokyo, Japan.
- 1991-1993: Programme Officer, United Nations Development Programme. Kampala, Uganda.
- 1988-1990: Programme Officer, United Nations Development Programme. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
International Work Experiences
Bangladesh 2 1/2 years 1998-1990
Uganda 2 1/2 years 1991-1993
Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Zimbabwe, Denmark, France, Italy, the United Kingdom, Spain, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Australia
- Other Professional Related Visits:
Vietnam, Ireland, Belgium, Portugal, Switzerland, Turkey, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, the United States, Canada, Ethiopia, Senegal, South Africa, United Arab Emirates,
- The Japan Society for International Development, member since 1994
- Japan Association for African Studies, member since 1998
- Japan Society for Intercultural Studies
- Development Studies Association, UK since 1996
- African Studies Association, USA since 2000
Faculty of International Studies, Ryukoku University
Copyright (C) 2018 Fumihiko Saito, All rights reserved.